What are the benefits of working with the same company for most of your career? We’ve heard that job hoppers are some of the most successful people in today’s workforce because of the variety of opportunities and industry knowledge they’ve gained from each job. However, it might surprise you to know that Erie Insurance offers a tremendous amount of opportunity for employees.
If you’re looking to grow and develop in your career and industry, you don’t have to be constantly searching for a new employer to achieve your goals. ERIE puts development opportunities for our employees at the forefront and offers numerous resources for employees to challenge themselves and reach beyond their full potential.
Here are six options employees have for personal development at ERIE.
Development Programs at Erie Insurance
- ERIE Coaching Network: So much more than a mentor, ERIE’s Coaching Network was designed to help employees reach their development goals by meeting with a trained coach to chart a new career path, build confidence or help them succeed in a new role.
- Tuition Aid Reimbursement: Learning never stops, so we encourage our employees to be lifelong learners without the additional financial burden.
- ERIE Learning Symposium: We know the importance of learning and growing on the job. Each year we host a three-day Learning Symposium focused on ways we can reach higher in our careers. Employees can participate in learning sessions focused on insurance topics, business knowledge and soft skills at no additional cost.
- Internal Development Programs: We have an entire Learning and Development Department focused on helping employees achieve that next level of growth. We offer everything from career discovery courses that take employees back to the basics of interviewing and resume building to leadership courses designed for employees looking to explore their leadership potential.
- No-Cost Development Resources: We’ve partnered with multiple vendors to supply our employees with endless educational content, like webinars, online micro-learning resources, and instructor-led trainings. We also offer benchmark assessments that will provide employees with a baseline to improve based on their chosen development topic. Employees can even take the lead with our “Bite-Sized Learning” series where they can share their expertise in a curated seminar.
- Professional Insurance Development: ERIE is a big company, and not every job is insurance related. If you started in human resources or sales, jumping to a career as an underwriter is possible. To help employees learn more about the fundamentals, we support various insurance courses and designations such as the Associate in General Insurance (AINS).
How Does ERIE Support My Development Goals?
It’s not just you who wants to succeed, but we want it, too. ERIE provides a supportive culture of learning that includes training, resources and opportunities to foster growth and success as an ERIE employee. Curating your career is important for you professionally, as well as personally. Our leaders know that if they want strategic execution, their teams need the right skills. Oftentimes our leaders are the first ones who help employees take that next step in the career journey.
Come for a Job, Stay for a Career
When it comes to choosing a job, consider switching your perspective to a lifelong career filled with variety and stability where you’re supported by a company that truly cares. Explore career opportunities with ERIE in your field and others.
ERIE® insurance products and services are provided by one or more of the following insurers: Erie Insurance Exchange, Erie Insurance Company, Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company, Flagship City Insurance Company and Erie Family Life Insurance Company (home offices: Erie, Pennsylvania) or Erie Insurance Company of New York (home office: Rochester, New York). The companies within the Erie Insurance Group are not licensed to operate in all states. Refer to the company licensure and states of operation information.
The insurance products and rates, if applicable, described in this blog are in effect as of July 2022 and may be changed at any time.
Insurance products are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions not described in this blog. The policy contains the specific details of the coverages, terms, conditions and exclusions.
The insurance products and services described in this blog are not offered in all states. ERIE life insurance and annuity products are not available in New York. ERIE Medicare supplement products are not available in the District of Columbia or New York. ERIE long term care products are not available in the District of Columbia and New York.
Eligibility will be determined at the time of application based upon applicable underwriting guidelines and rules in effect at that time.
Your ERIE agent can offer you practical guidance and answer questions you may have before you buy.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Vandenbergh Insurance Agency today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.